- Small, 144 pin SODIMM form factor (2.66" x 1.5")
- Atmel AT91SAM9x25 400Mhz Processor
- 1x 10/100BaseT Ethernet with on-board PHY (2nd Ethernet Optional)
- 6x Serial ports, 3 with handshake
- 1x USB 2.0 (High Speed) Host port
- 1x USB 2.0 (Full Speed) Host port
- 1x USB 2.0 (High Speed) OTG
- Up to 128 MB of DDR2 RAM
- Up to 4 GB of eMMC
- Up to 16 MB of Serial Data Flash
- Battery backed Real Time Clock
- SD/MMC SDIO Flash Card Interface
- 2x SPI Ports
- 2x I2C Ports
- 2x CAN 2.0B Ports
- 1x I2S Audio Port
- Timer/Counters and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) ports
- 4x A/D Channel with 10-bit A/D Converter
- Typical power requirement less than 1 Watt
- JTAG for debug, including real-time trace
- FREE Eclipse IDE with GCC & GDB development tools
The SoM-9x25 is a System on Module (SoM) based on the Atmel AT91SAM9x25 processor. Designed and manufactured in the USA, this wide temperature, fanless ARM9 400 MHz SoM has an Ethernet PHY included along with 6 serial ports with auto RS-485. It utilizes up to 4GB of eMMC Flash, up to 16MB of serial data flash, and up to 128MB of DDR2 RAM. A SoM is a small embedded module that contains the core of a microprocessor system.
Using the same small 144 pin SODIMM form-factor utilized by other EMAC SoM modules, the SoM-9x25 is the ideal processor engine for your next design. All of the ARM processor core functionality is included on this tiny board including: Flash, Memory, Serial Ports, Ethernet, I2S Audio, PWMs, Timer/Counters, A/D, digital I/O lines, Clock/Calendar, and more.
The SoM-9x25 is designed to plug into a carrier board that contains all the connectors and any custom I/O required for the application. This approach allows the customer or EMAC to design a Custom Carrier Board, that meets the customer's I/O, dimensional, and connector requirements without having to worry about the processor, memory, and standard I/O functionality. With this System on Module approach, a semi-custom hardware platform can be developed in as little as a month.
In addition to the option of the developing a custom carrier board, one can be purchased off-the-shelf from EMAC. EMAC provides off-the-shelf Carrier boards that feature A/D, D/A, MMC/SD card, keypad, LCD, Audio, and Modem interfaces. The recommended off-the-shelf Carrier Board for the SoM-9x25 is the SoM-150ES which allows the user to immediately start coding their application using the powerful Linux Operating System and Tools.
The System On Module approach provides the flexibility of a fully customized product at a greatly reduced cost.